On this page:
- Media enquiries and interviews contact
- Media guidelines for portraying people with a disability
- Latest news
- Media releases
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO)
Mobile: 0472 679 893
AFDO are always pleased to work with journalists and media outlets interested in AFDO and disability issues. We can:
- Answer media enquiries about disability issues
- Provide a spokesperson for a media interview
- Draft feature articles or opinion pieces for publication
For all non-media enquiries please contact us.
The Reporting it Right guidelines by the Victorian Government Department of Human Services have been developed to assist journalists and communications professionals to portray people with a disability both sensitively and appropriately.
The guidelines have been developed in consultation with people with a disability, and representatives from the media, communications, disability and health sectors.
The guidelines and a three minute checklist are available below in an interactive and Word format.
- Media guidelines checklist (PDF 65.6 KB)
- Media guidelines interactive (PDF 3.3 MB)
- Media guidelines standard (PDF 9.2 MB)
- Media guidelines (doc 34.4 KB)
- Media guidelines checklist (doc 14.6 KB)
Check out our news page for all of the latest news on everything NDIS.