New Inquiries on NDIS Planning and Supported Independent Living
The committee will inquire into and report on NDIS Planning, with particular reference to:
- the experience, expertise and qualifications of planners;
- the ability of planners to understand and address complex needs;
- the ongoing training and professional development of planners;
- the overall number of planners relative to the demand for plans;
- participant involvement in planning processes and the efficacy of introducing draft plans;
- the incidence, severity and impact of plan gaps;
- the reassessment process, including the incidence and impact of funding changes;
- the review process and means to streamline it;
- the incidence of appeals to the AAT and possible measures to reduce the number;
- the circumstances in which plans could be automatically rolled-over;
- the circumstances in which longer plans could be introduced;
- the adequacy of the planning process for rural and regional participants; and
- any other related matters.
The committee will inquire into and report on Supported Independent Living (SIL), with particular reference to:
a) the approval process for access to SIL;
b) the vacancy management process, including its management and costs;
c) the funding of SIL; and
d) any related issues.
How to make a submission
The committee is seeking written submissions.
You can lodge your submission:
- Online https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/OnlineSubmission
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attached PDF or Word document.
- Mail - written submissions can also be sent to:
Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
The terms of references for the Inquiries can be found via the link below: https://www.aph.gov.au/parliamentary_business/committees/joint/national_disability_insurance_scheme
If you would like assistance, you can contact the committee secretariat by phone on (02) 6277 3083 or by email at email@example.com.