Queensland NDIS roll out timeline
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) roll out has been announced for Queensland. This page will help you find out when and where the NDIS is coming to you if you are in Queensland.
Three early launch sites started in Queensland on January 1, 2016 in:
Townsville (for eligible people under 18)
Charters Towers (for eligible people under 18)
Palm Island (for eligible people under 65)
Like the other states and territories that have signed bilateral agreements, the full roll out of the NDIS begins on 1 July, 2016. Once the whole state has rolled out by the end of 2019, over 90,000 Queenslanders with disability will be participants in the NDIS.
Queensland NDIS roll out timeline:
1 July, 2016
- Townsville, Hinchinbrook, Burdekin, west to Mount Isa, and up to the gulf (which includes the local government areas of Townsville, Charters Towers, Palm Island, Boulia, Burdekin, Burke, Carpentaria, Cloncurry, Doomadgee, Flinders, Hinchinbrook, McKinlay, Mornington, Mount Isa, and Richmond)
1 November, 2016
- Mackay, Isaac and Whitsundays
1 January, 2017
- Toowoomba areas and west to the borders (which covers the local government areas of Balonne, Bulloo, Goondiwindi, Maranoa, Murweh, Paroo, Quilpie, Southern Downs, Toowoomba, and Western Downs)
1 July, 2017
- Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset local government areas
1 October, 2017
- Bundaberg local government area
1 January, 2018
- Rockhampton, Gladstone and west to the borders (which covers the local government areas of Banana, Barcaldine, Barcoo, Blackall Tambo, Central Highlands, Diamantina, Gladstone, Livingstone, Longreach, Rockhampton, Winton, and Woorabinda)
1 July, 2018
- Brisbane City areas
- Gold Coast and Hinterland
- Logan City and Redland City
- Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Tablelands, Croydon, Etheridge, Cape York and Torres Strait (which covers the local government areas of Aurukun, Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Cook, Croydon, Douglas, Etheridge, Hope Vale, Kowanyama, Lockhart River, Mapoon, Mareeba, Napranum, Northern Peninsula, Pormpuraaw, Tablelands, Torres, Torres Strait Island, Weipa, Wujal Wujal, and Yarrabah)
- Fraser Coast, North Burnett, South Burnett and Cherbourg
1 July, 2019
- Moreton Bay (including Strathpine and Caboolture)
- Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie
Visit this link to find out more about the NDIS in Queensland.
This is where you'll find the Commonwealth-Queensland NDIS Bilateral Agreement.