South Australia NDIS rollout timeline
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) rollout has been announced for South Australia. This page will help you find out when and where the NDIS is coming to you if you are in South Australia.
South Australian NDIS rollout timeline for people under 18:
1 February 2016
- children aged between 0 to 14 years of age across South Australia will continue to enter the NDIS.
1 January 2017
- young people aged between 15 and 17 years of age across South Australia will begin to enter the NDIS.
South Australian NDIS rollout timeline for people between 18-64:
1 July 2017
- The City of Playford, City of Salisbury and City of Port Adelaide Enfield (East) local government areas.
- The Barossa, Light and Lower North region (Barossa Council, Town of Gawler, Light Regional Council, and District Council of Mallala).
1 October 2017
- The City of Tea Tree Gully local Government area.
- The Limestone Coast region (District Council of Grant, Kingston District Council, Naracoorte Lucindale Council, City of Mt Gambier, District Council of Robe, Tatiara District Council, and Wattle Range Council).
- The Murray Mallee region (Berri Barmera Council, The Coorong District Council, District Council of Loxton Waikerie, Southern Mallee District Council, District Council of Karoonda East Murray, Mid Murray Council, The Rural City of Murray Bridge, and District Council of Renmark Paringa).
1 January 2018
- The Southern Adelaide region (City of Holdfast Bay, City of Marion, City of Mitcham and City of Onkaparinga).
- The Fleurieu Kangaroo Island region (Alexandrina Council, Kangaroo Island Council, City of Victor Harbor, and District Council of Yankalilla).
- The Eyre Western region (District Council Ceduna, District Council of Cleve, District Council of Elliston, District Council of Franklin Harbour, District Council of Kimba, District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula, City of Pt Lincoln, District Council of Streaky Bay, District Council of Tumby Bay, The Corporation of the City of Whyalla, and Wudinna District Council).
- The Far North region (District Council of Coober Pedy, The Flinders Ranges Council, Port Augusta City Council, Municipal Council of Roxby Downs, and Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara).
- The Yorke Mid North region (District Council of Barunga West, Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council, District Council of the Copper Coast, Regional Council of Goyder, District Council of Mt Remarkable, District Council of Orroroo Carrieton, Northern Areas Council, District Council of Peterborough, Port Pirie Regional Council, Wakefield Regional Council, and Yorke Peninsula Council).
1 April 2018
- The Eastern Adelaide region (City of Adelaide, City of Burnside, City of Campbelltown, The City Of Norwood, Payneham & St Peters, City of Prospect, City of Unley, and Corporation of the Town of Walkerville).
- The Western Adelaide region (City of Charles Sturt, City of West Torrens and City of Port Adelaide Enfield [West]).
- The Adelaide Hills region (Adelaide Hills Council, and District Council of Mount Barker).
You can find much more information about the NDIS in South Australia here.