Getting the Most Out of Your NDIS Plan
Webinar with Information pack
In May 2020, the AFDO Disability Loop team held an online information session called Getting the Most Out of Your NDIS Plan. This webinar was recorded and is now available to view on AFDO’s YouTube channel.
Many people have gone through the NDIS access and planning stages and have received their NDIS plans but do not know what steps to take next. So we developed this information session for people with disability and their families or carers. The topics discussed in the session, and the associated information pack, have been designed to assist you to have maximum benefit when putting your plan into action.
The webinar will help you learn about NDIS ideas, processes and options, give you many useful suggestions and tips, and boost your confidence and empower you to implement your plan. The presenter is a person with a disability and an NDIS participant. The information is from the point of view of lived experience of disability and independent
of any service provider or government organisation.
The videos have Auslan interpreting, captioning and a transcript for each video is also available.
The session was conducted in two parts and runs for about 90 minutes for each part.
In Part One, we cover:
- The meaning of some NDIS terms and ideas;
- Understanding your plan and funding;
- Plan management and budgeting;
- What supports to put into place first;
- Finding service Providers.
In Part Two, we cover:
- Explaining service agreements and service bookings;
- Hearing from a guest speaker from a peer support organisation;
- NDIS Reviews and how to prepare for them;
- Setting goals;
- Understanding pricing of supports.
Watch “Getting the Most Out of Your NDIS Plan” below.
- Video 1: Getting the Most Out of Your NDIS Plan Information Session - Part 1
- Video 1: Transcript
- Video 2: Getting the Most Out of Your NDIS Plan Information Session - Part 2
- Video 2: Transcript
We have put together a set of useful handouts in an information pack that gives you more details on the topics that were covered in the information session. You may like to download some or all of these handouts to refer to as needed. The
If you would like to be posted a print hard copy set, or sent an alternative format version, please contact us requesting this with your name, phone number and postal address. Please contact us on 1800 219 969 or by email at