Booklet - What is the NDIS - Easy English
There are no pictures in this booklet. It has 2 pages.
- Read the pdf
- Or read our copy & paste of it below
ACT Government Community Services
National Disability Insurance Scheme
What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is also called the NDIS. It is how the government will help people with disabilities.
NDIS means you
- Choose how you spend your disability money
- Can make choices about
- your life
- your health
- where you live
- how you spend your free time
- who helps you at home
- who helps you in the community
NDIS will help you and your
- unpaid carers
- service providers NDIS will help people through their whole life.
NDIS will help people live how they want to live and to do the things they want to do.
To get into the NDIS you must
- live in the ACT
- be 0-64 years old
- have a disability, for example you find it hard to
- talk, read, or write
- take care of bills, shopping and other jobs
- care for yourself for example have a shower or eat
NDIS will start in Canberra in July 2014
Phone: 6207 1086
TTY: 6205 0888